Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Home for the Holidays

I'm here in Toronto, trying to catch up on some sleep, and hanging out with the fam. My family had been growing a lot this year. Someone's always doing woship in the house, or reading their bible. Last night Joel, Josh and I had our bibles out discussing different issues. That's never happend before. I feel so blessed.
I am so proud of my family.
We've been through a lot together and it hasn't all been a bed of roses. We've had many fights, many tears... but we've grown stronger from those times.
I was talking to my bros last night about a passage in 1 Corinthians 5:11-13. It talks about how we shouldn't judge non-believers, but it talks about how it IS our business if people in the church (claiming to be Christians) are not walking with the Lord. It's pretty harsh actually. It says...

"I am writing to tell you that you must not associate with those who CALL THEMSELVES BELIEVERS in Christ but who sin sexually, or are greedy, or worship idols, or abuse others with words, or get drunk or cheat people. It is not my business to judge those who are not part of the church. God will judge them. But you MUST JUDGE the people who are part of the church. The Scripture says, "You must get rid of the evil person among you".

Now obviously there are some important things to keep in mind. Such as MOTIVATION. There are some people who are part of the church and who slip up, that's fine, there is grace. But I think that this relates to those who's motivation is off. When people are trying to live righteously and mess up, that's one thing. But for people who think that they have their ticket to heaven because they said a prayer when they were nine, and therefore don't do anything to get closer to God, that's another thing. That's something I think the bible refers to "lukewarm" Christians.
I may be stepping on some toes, but I am tired of churches who "look the other way" or who shrug off the fact that people don't take their faith seriously. Now, again, let me reiterate, some people are just going through a rough time. That;s fine. But I am talking out the people who do not take the word of God seriously. We cannot be silent.
We talk about how pluralism is wrong. What's good for your is good for you and what's good for me is good for me. It's a copout. So why are we doing it in our own churches? Where did the church loose its balls? Why does it seem that we are always fearing man before fearing God.
I am all about grace. I am the queen of sinners, and it is true that nobody TRULY knows my intentions but God, but I am trying my best to live a life of love tht pleases God. I am all about reaching the lost. I am not about a life of compramises. I am not about people abusing my Jesus, who is more precious to me than anything else.
Why are we silent? Why do we live in fear?
I've heard it said that people go to churches where they can't even raise their hand in worship because it's not the norm of the church. But what if there are people wanting to do it, but they are afraid, just like you? Why not take that first step, and start setting people free by YOUR courage? Not just with worship, but in all aspects of your walk with the Lord. Why not stop the gossip by not tollerating it. Whether or not you think you look like an idiot, if people are talking about others behind their backs, say "I don't want to be a part of this". If people are making fun of God, or are compramising and even putting you in a situation where you are being comprimised - walk away.
APATHY KILLS. SILENCE KILLS. We need warriors, who are willing to fight the good fight. To pick up their weapons and get ready for some HEAVY action. We don't need people who are going to lightly walk around the enemy ground, politely asking things to be different, or closing their eyes and hoping that the battle will dissapear, or even yet, doesn't exist.
Who will fight? Will you? Are you ready for the fight of your life???
KiR

1 Comments:

Blogger Boris said...

Amen Sistah!

What bugs me most is "Christians" who get all righteous and holy (replaced that by self-rigteous in my book) about issues like tatooes or piercings (which I have neither by the way, so I'm not saying this to defend myself), but then are sleeping with their girl/boyfriend or they are not tithing or they lie or they cheat. There is maybe one or two verses referring to tattooes and piercings, but there are so many that refer to sexual immorality, numerous ones on tithes and offerings... and doesn't one of the Commandments say "Thou shalt not bare false witness"? Booyah, that hits both lying and cheating.

I'm tired of trying to run after people who seemily have no desire to show God the honour, respect and love He deserves. I know what He's done for me and I don't take that lightly.

And you wrote it perfectly... this is NOT about those who slip up, who make a mistake. I've done that numerous times, but I always come back eventually with tears and repentance. I KNOW when I've sinned and I acknowledge it as so. This is about those who try to defend their actions with bull#$@% or they find some obscure verse and take it our of context to defend themselves. God is calling us to a higher standard. STAND up and be counted as one who is righteous (remebering that only Jesus is our righteousness!)

Be blessed.

8:22 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home