Friday, January 14, 2005

Montreal - je t'aime

Amazing. God is amazing.
Tonight I did prayer walking in my beautiful city. Praise the Lord! (heehee Emilie you should be used to me saying that in a high pitched voice).
God is out of this world.
We were small in numbers, but to be perfectly honest, that didn't bother me at all. I could have had one hundred people show up, but if none of them were really excited about what God is doing and will do for our city, then three is enough - and it was.
It is such a different experience to walk and pray, because we would pass by somebody and just start to pray for them, or by a certain building, or area, that if we were stuck in a house or church, probably would not have thought to pray for. So that was cool thing #1.
Cool thing #2 was that we were bringing light into dark places. We were walking down Redpath from Dr. Penfield towards Sherbrooke and I started praying that these sparks that we are setting in these streets would start to fan into flame. That where are feet were walking, the Holy Spirit would stay. That the streets are better lit (don't mean to sound cheesy, but honestly, it is not some strange metaphor - Jesus IS the light...I digress) because we went there.
Don't take me wrong - I am not blowing my own horn, and congratulating myself for being a 'super Christian' or anything like that at all. I just think that it's AMAZING that I get to be a part of it. That God, who is Supreme and Sovereign can allow me to be a part of His great plan...it blows my mind.
Cool thing #3 - God speaks to me a lot through visual things, whether that be visions, or images he puts in my mind, or by actually seeing something, and then supernaturally seeing it. For example - we were at the upper part of the mountain and we could see the city sky line as we were walking, and that image started helping me to direct my prayers. I was seeing (not like literally, as in having a delusion, but seeing it spiritually) and praying the Holy Spirit to start rushing down the mountain an into the homes, into different areas and flood them with His presence.
There are many other cool things that happend, but those we just a few that I wanted to share.
Be blessed. Thanks for all of those who are praying and did pray. I am calling and will continue to call the leaders of Montreal to rise up, and join this army of believers who will change the face of this planet, starting with changing our own hearts. Pray BIG!
Your fellow warrior on the winning side,
Kirsten

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home