Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Constantine

I went to see Constantine last night. I must say it was the most intense movie I have ever seen in my life.
Has anyone else seen it?
So much in there that I can't really get into it, but one thing that I found very interesting was the depiction of the devil.
He was dressed all in white. At first I was taken back, but then I remembered - Satan is disguised as an Angel of Light. Think about that...
Another important distinction between God and the Devil that was brought up in a scene (implicitly) is that the Devil does NOT know everything that is going on. Only God is omnipotent, ominpresent ... and all the omni's. However, Lucifer was portrayed as smart, sly, and smooth. Very interesting.
On a completely different note, one funny part of the movie (for me at least) was that Gabriel looked so much like David Bowie. Haha. Amazing.
Feeback - what are your thoughts, for those who have seen it?
I do recommend it, although it is frightening. The ending was crazy too. But that's all I'll say :P

3 Comments:

Blogger The @ said...

Seriously Guess what i took all the Guys to see last night ;)

all i have to say is .... "Wait, I'm thinking"

:)

12:31 p.m.  
Blogger The @ said...

About the film, Worth seeing, specially if you have an open mind

just don't try and theologise (is that even a word) it as a whole

Was pretty a funky movie though, hope they make a second

12:44 p.m.  
Blogger April said...

I went to see it two weekends ago and wasn't really in the mood for that type of movie but enjoyed in anyway...what stuck out for me was the whole concept of grace and how each character dealt with that

2:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home