Wednesday, February 16, 2005

The Madness of Snooze

I must confess that I have a problem.
I have a compulsive snooze button addiction. I can't help it. It didn't always be this bad. When I lived with my folks, we'd always have to compete for shower order (aka more hot water) so I'd maybe press it once or twice. Now... oh my...
Honestly I wake up between a half an hour and an hour (on those bad days) after my original alarm goes off. In my groggy halk-wake state I am very good at convincing myself that another "snooze" won't hurt. It's gotten to the point where I have 3 different alarms going off. Still, no improvements. I am open to suggestions. What is wrong with me!?!
Anybody???

2 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Hey :) I had this problem for a while and found an extremely irritating but effective solution. Put your alarm clock at the most annoying setting (none of that cushy radio stuff) and plug it in on the other side of the room. It will almost give you a heart attack, and you will have to physically get up in order to shut it off. By the time that happens, you'll be completely confused but fairly alert, and ready to start your day. Just make sure the path is clear -- I've nearly killed myself tripping over books and whatnot in a crazed attempt to shut the alarm off....good luck :)

11:41 a.m.  
Blogger Agent of Renewal said...

Paul - you make me laugh - medicine for the soul!

12:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home