Monday, February 07, 2005

Thanks for the smile. I like your hair.

Ha, someone called that I would blog about this...so here it is.
On Saturday night I was walking downtown, and just came from a cool worship time at my apartment. My roomate was gone at her parents place and there was nobody in my building so I blared the worship music as I dance my little heart out in my living room. That's the way I love to praise God the best. When nobody's looking and I can be undignified in His presence.
So I am in a good place spiritually as I leave my building and am walking. Do you ever have moments, when you are just doing your thing and then you look and someone is smiling at you? Isn't that a great feeling? There was this homeless man ahead of me in the street asking for change and I just felt the love of God for him and couldn't stop smiling. Eventually he looked over at me as I was walking closer to him. We locked eyes and I couldn't stop smiling. Then he caught it. The smile became contageous. We were smiling at each other for a good few seconds, then as I was passing him he said - "Thanks for the smile...I like your hair!" Classic. I wasn't expecting that. I just said "Have a great night" and went on my way.
Made me think that I should worship more before walking downtown. God's heart would be able to reflect more from me onto His children.
Just some thoughts...
Oh and p.s. lent is coming up - starting on Wednesday. Josh, I hear what you are giving up. Crazy dude. God be with you on that! As for me... don't really know. Maybe sex drugs and rock and roll :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home