Monday, January 24, 2005

laughter to break the silence

Some of you may know, others may not, that I have been going through a rough time lately. But I love how God, in the midst or storms can brighten up your day with some humor.

I am still reading through Genesis (it's a long book!) because I am following the one year bible...anyway, something that I found funny were two passages


And Esau ran to meet him, and embraced him, and fell on his neck, and kissed him: and they wept.
Genesis 33:4

And he fell upon his brother Benjamin's neck, and wept; and Benjamin wept upon his neck.
Genesis 45:14



Now I know that this is just a problem with the english language, but when you read this as the 'faling on his neck' as the same person, it can put a funny image in your mind. I mean, it would be very hard to fall on your own neck - quite awkward, considering your neck is protected by your shoulders width as well as you head.... something that made me laugh.

Just some thoughts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home