Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Where is home...

I can honestly say that I am enjoying my reading week. Yes, I am reading. No, it is nothing to do with school. I love reading the books that I get to CHOOSE. I remember last year on my reading week I read 1984 and Fight Club. This year, Brave New World, the Relevant Church and (hopefully) Searching for God Knows What. I'll have more to say about them later on.

People have been asking "Is it good to be home" and others "How are things back home" which makes me wonder...where is my home? I have never lived in the same house for more than 5 years. That is the max. So where is my home? Where my family is? They are all over the place. Where my parents are? Where I am? I know that there's that cheesy saying "Home is where the heart is", but I am talking more practically. I am about to graduate McGill this summer (if all goes well!) and then where? And for how long? This is a really eerie thing.

Coming to see my family I am visiting a house where I have never lived. A neighbourhood where I don't know the neighbours. I do feel comfortable here and at peace, but where will I start to feel the Home?

What is Home to you?

2 Comments:

Blogger The Chef is Cooking said...

Home in a physical sense is where you feel comfortable - it is the place where you escape to after a long day at work/school/wherever, and it is a sanctuary where you are recharged physically, emotionally, and spiritually. It is a place only you can call for yourself home.

11:18 a.m.  
Blogger The @ said...

You been sitting in on my classes?
Funny you write about this the day after I spent all day in class thinking and working through the idea behind "Home" and "Homelessness"
But learnt too much to put in here ;)

12:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home