Sunday, March 13, 2005

Concert of Prayer

Last night I had the privilege of going to a Concert of Prayer for the Tsunami Relief. It was such a blessing. At one point, we all joined hands and lifted up arms in prayer as we interceded for those on the other side of the world. I was moved to tears as we joined together and lifted our voices. I think that was such a beautiful image of what the church should be. There were people from all different denominations and different languages (french and english) coming together to pray for the world.
My choir (Choir of Reconciliation) performed two pieces and it was such an honour to be there. The service was in Montreal Citadel, so it was weird to see the army mixing and mingling with other denominations. I feel that strongly on my heart - that the army needs to partner up with other churches. There's so much beauty in diversity.
One of the coolest parts of the evening was when Luc Gingras sang. He's a well known french Christian musicianary :) He had learnt about William Booth and how he would take popular songs and put Christian lyrics to them. So we wrote new lyrics and we sang "Come Together". It was honestly one of the most amazing things. I can't remember all the lyrics now, but it was POWERFUL and we all were shouting out in the House of the LORD "Come together right now" - singing in unity. Ahhhhhh...

Another sidenote - he was wearing a touque and jeans (others in uniforms and what not) and he said - you might not agree with what I am wearing, or you might think that I am a freak, but all I know is that I really, really love Jesus. Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home