Thursday, April 28, 2005

I love surprises

I admit that I am VERY hard to surprise. I always see things coming a million miles down the road because I have a vivid imagination that gets me thinking of the plethora of possible scenarios that might lie ahead of me.
Nonetheless, I was surprised thrice so far today.
I arrived at Second Cup at 8am this morning to meet with April to review our material before our 9am exam and SURPRISE! she had bought me a latte. My first birthday present. I was so happy. You don't know how excited I was. In the midst of exam time (that has endured over the past 3 weeks) lattes are such a nice treat!
Then, following my exam, I came home and opened up the door to my apartment and SURPRISE! Emilie had adorned our apartment with heaps of balloons, ribbons, 'happy birthday' banners and even a blow up killer whale. Haha. Made me so happy, I wanted to cry.
And as I was heading out the door to edit my final paper in the library, the phone rang and SURPRISE! I get serenaded by a three part harmony rendition of 'happy birthday' all the way from the westcoast.
Despite the fact that I am in the library, at 3:30pm on my birthday, editing this paper that's taking soooo long to finish, I have a smile on my face, because I know that people our there love me. Yeah.
(this is where everyone sighs and says "awwwwww")

Oh yeah, and P.S. I am 23 - the mid twenties. Yikes!
AND P.P.S. I think I changed it so that anyone can comment, not just those with blogs. So feel free to rip apart my most private entries...(nervously smiling now)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home